Share this Post
In today’s episode, Dianne talks with Dr. Izabella Wentz, the Thyroid Pharmacist, about her new book, Adrenal Transformation Protocol.
About Izabella Wentz
Izabella Wentz, PharmD, FASCP, is an internationally acclaimed thyroid specialist and a licensed pharmacist who has dedicated her career to addressing the root causes of autoimmune thyroid disease after being diagnosed with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis in 2009. She is the author of three books on Hashimoto’s: Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis Lifestyle Interventions for Finding and Treating the Root Cause, Hashimoto’s Food Pharmacology, and Hashimoto’s Protocol, which became a #1 New York Times bestseller.
In this episode Izabella and Dianne discuss:
- 04:14 – How Dr. Wentz transitioned from the conventional medical mindset to incorporating “natural remedies” and a holistic approach
- 10:55 – Common symptoms of HPA axis dysfunction, also known as adrenal fatigue
- 15:53 – The connection between hypothyroidism, other thyroid dysfunctions, and HPA axis dysfunction
- 22:05 – Modalities that Dr. Wentz utilizes for thyroid support
- 24:03 – At 8 months postpartum, Dr. Wentz experiences adrenal dysfunction and explores options to balance her adrenals that don’t involve taking hormones
- 25:32 – Dr. Wentz develops a protocol that involves sending the body targeted safety signals to get the body out of flight or fight mode
- 27:11 – Dianne talks about how accessible and well laid out Dr. Wentz’s protocol is
- 29:24 – Dr. Wentz prioritizes nutrient-dense foods and pleasurable activities
- 30:41 – Dr. Wentz limits supplements for people and chooses ones that have multiple benefits, such as Saccharomyces Boulardii
- 34:17 – Where to find Dr. Izabella Wentz online, and where you can purchase her new book, Adrenal Transformation Protocol.
NTI’s PodTalk is available on all major podcast platforms! Find us by searching “NTI PodTalk” in your favorite podcast platform or by following any of the links below.
Hear from other NTI PodTalk guests in the wellness space:
Do you want to learn more about thyroid and adrenal health? Then joining the Nutrition Therapist Master program is the right place for you! These topics are discussed throughout the program with a deep dive taken in the courses Pathophysiology and Clinical Applications and Nutritional Endocrinology and Reproductive Health.
This discussion is not intended to provide Medical Nutrition Therapy, nor in any way imply that Nutrition Therapists who graduate from NTI are qualified to provide Medical Nutrition Therapy. The scope of practice for graduates of NTI is to deliver therapeutic nutrition guidance to our clients which helps support their natural biology to achieve optimal function in whatever wellness path they are on.
Share this Post