Share this Post
In today’s episode of the NTI PodTalk, Dianne interviews Jennifer Peters, the owner of Just BE Kitchen. If you are not already familiar, Just BE Kitchen is a restaurant located in Denver that focuses on serving mindful mouthfuls to their community. Their menu is 100% free of gluten, grain, corn, soy, legume, and refined sugar and 99% dairy-free. Their goal is to nourish guests & show you don’t have to avoid traditional dishes you love & that eating healthy can make you feel full and satisfied instead of the feeling of lack and sacrifice. We are all big fans of Just BE Kitchen, and if you are from Denver, you may also be a big fan!
How Just BE Kitchen Came to Be
Jennifer decided to open Just BE Kitchen because she was searching for a way to close the gap between who she was and what she did. In fact, she wanted to fulfill her life’s purpose and fully stand in her light so others could do the same. And for her, that meant focusing on the joy that food can bring – not just any food, but truly nourishing & satisfying food. And she wanted to do this by creating a space of BElonging & connection where everyone could feel cared for, nourished & experience joy around food that is void of allergens and inflammatory properties. Listen in to hear more about Jennifer’s journey, her advice for small business owners, and why she is so passionate about nutrition.
Be sure to check out Just BE Kitchen‘s menu and other offerings!
In this episode Dianne and Jen discuss:
- 02:30 – What inspired Jennifer Peters to open the restaurant Just Be Kitchen (JBK)
- 5:27 – Anti-inflammatory diets
- 6:30 – Jen’s educational background and JBK’s roots
- 8:22 – The inspiration behind JBK’s menu
- 9:10 International farmer’s market goods that wouldn’t appeal to the American palate
- 16:28 – Flavor in simplistic but high-quality ingredients
- 17:45 – What is behind the name “Just Be Kitchen”
- 20:07 – The rewards and challenges of being a small business owner— and how to overcome those challenges
- 24:31 – What JBK does to promote education
- 26:30 – JBK speaker/presenter information
- 26:55 – Jen’s holistic health care regimen
- 29:45 – Jen’s food and supplements
- 31:07 – Stay up to date with JBK
If you’d prefer to listen, NTI’s PodTalk is available on all major podcast platforms! Find us by searching “NTI PodTalk” in your favorite podcast platform or by following any of the links below.
Other episodes of the NTI PodTalk that feature business owners in the food industry:
Are you ready to start your journey as a Nutrition Therapist Master or Natural Food Chef?
To learn more about NTI’s Nutrition Therapist Master and Natural Food Chef Certification programs, visit ntischool.com for more information, or get in contact with our admissions team— 303-284-8361 or email@example.com.
This discussion is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide Medical Nutrition Therapy. Nor in any way imply that Nutrition Therapists who graduate from NTI are qualified to provide Medical Nutrition Therapy. The scope of practice for graduates of NTI is to deliver therapeutic nutrition guidance to clients which helps support their natural biology to achieve optimal function in whatever wellness path they are on.
Share this Post