Share this Post
Listen in while Dianne interviews Amber Williams, MNT. Amber is an NTI grad and also a former staff member!
About Amber Williams:
Amber Williams graduated from NTI in 2018. Since then, she has started her own virtual practice, AMB:ition Nutrition, and works as the Wellness Advocate at Just BE Kitchen (JBK), a 100% gluten, grain, dairy, refined sugar, corn, soy, legume, and peanut-free restaurant in Denver, CO. Her career at Just BE Kitchen has lead her to creating nutritional courses and special dietary menus for the company whose goal is to become a wellness company with food always at the core of what they do.
Amber’s passion for holistic nutrition started after going through her own health journey with Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and Hypothyroidism. Amber was diagnosed at a very young age and suffered from debilitating symptoms for years, even with frequent doctor’s visits and taking multiple medications. Because she was not seeing the results she desperately needed, she decided to consult with a chiropractor who specialized in endocrine disorders. Holistic nutrition changed Amber’s life. By changing her diet, mindset, and lifestyle, symptoms went into remission, and she was even able to stop taking the medications she had been on for 12 years.
Her own health journey is what pushed her to pursue an education in holistic nutrition. While going through the Nutrition Therapy Program at NTI, she was consistently amazed by the information she was learning and how powerful the human body is.
Amber’s hope is to help her clients get to a place where they are feeling good and truly thriving. Lives are meant to be LIVED, and Amber helps her clients get to that place in a sustainable way.
In this episode Amber and Dianne discuss:
- 01:17 – Amber is diagnosed with Hashimoto’s and hypothyroidism at 8 years old. She talks about the difficulty of dealing with that as a child.
- 02:44 – After graduating from cosmetology school, Amber starts seeing a chiropractor who specializes in endocrine disorders and it changes her life.
- 03:57 – Amber finds joy and passion in cooking and looks into culinary schools.
- 04:50 – Amber looks for alternative cooking schools and discovers the Nutrition Therapy Institute.
- 05:05 – Amber visits Denver and NTI and sits in on a class and when she leaves, she knows NTI is for her.
- 05:40 – Amber starts the Nutrition program online then moves to Denver to take classes in person.
- 11:33 – After graduating from NTI, Amber starts her own virtual practice.
- 13:15 – Dianne and Amber speculate on why people in Kansas, and the midwest in general, don’t have easy access to holistic health modalities.
- 17:04 – In 2019, Amber starts working at NTI on the admissions team and talks about what a great work experience she had.
- 19:59 – Amber talks about her part-time role at Just BE Kitchen, and how that turned into a full-time role as a Wellness Advocate.
- 21:46 – Amber talks about launching her first digital nutrition course with JBK, called Feed the Bleed.
- 23:18 – Amber talks about the skills she gained at NTI that have helped her succeed in her current role at JBK.
- 27:29 – More information on Amber’s course, Feed The Bleed, and how you can sign up.
- 29:15 – How to get in touch with and work with Amber.
NTI’s PodTalk is available on all major podcast platforms! Find us by searching “NTI PodTalk” in your favorite podcast platform or by following any of the links below.
Want to know more about Just BE Kitchen? Listen to the NTI PodTalk episode with the owner of JBK, Jennifer Peters.
More episodes featuring Nutrition Therapy Institute graduates:
Are you ready to start your journey as a Nutrition Therapist Master or Natural Food Chef?
Nutrition Therapy Institute offers the most comprehensive holistic nutrition curriculum available today, covering the topics most needed to help understand how nutrition plays a role in the health challenges of today. Graduates from NTI are prepared with the knowledge and skills necessary to generate maximum impact on day one after graduation.
This discussion is not intended to provide Medical Nutrition Therapy, nor in any way imply that Nutrition Therapists who graduate from NTI are qualified to provide Medical Nutrition Therapy. The scope of practice for graduates of NTI is to deliver therapeutic nutrition guidance to our clients which helps support their natural biology to achieve optimal function in whatever wellness path they are on.
Share this Post