Become a Natural Food Chef
Like to cook? Imagine cooking fabulous meals for your family, friends and clients.
Picture yourself in your kitchen surrounded by nothing but organic vegetables, whole grains, top-quality meats, eggs and a range of the more unusual things like pate, kimchi, kefir and bone broth. If you resonate with the idea of creating delicious meals that are not only healthy but downright regenerative, then join us!
About the Program:
Our Natural Food Chef Program offers students the opportunity to learn how to awaken the vitalizing power of food through professional cooking instruction.
You will experience the secrets of healthy cooking in the context of prioritizing nutrient density. Pairing together high quality ingredients with professional chef skills, you will learn to prepare foods that not only taste good and look good, but also promote optimal wellness.
Mastery of foundational chef skills like cutting, chopping, braising, basting, sauces, and soups is emphasized.
This training prepares you to cook in a wide variety situations, including at home for your family or as a personal chef. You will develop confidence to perform in any cooking situation that puts a premium on health.
Your Training Prepares You To:
- Design individualized menus and recipes tailored to maximize wellness
- Develop a business as a personal chef using high quality, nutrient dense whole food ingredients
- Cater healthy meals for events, retreats, and community organizations
- Teach cooking classes in person or online to friends, neighbors, and others - develop a following of home cooks who want new ideas
- Produce healthy specialty foods for restaurants and stores
- Teach clients about the connection between health, recipes, and the joy of eating delicious food
There are many possibilities to consider as a graduate of NTI. You can read about them here.
- The NFC program is 15 weeks long.
- Classes are Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 10am to 6pm each day
- We run two program sessions per year, one beginning in August and one beginning in January.
- Classes meet 24 hours per week with an additional 80 hours of independent study and 16 hours of guided study.
- The course schedule accommodates people who work part time or have flexible work schedules.
- Learn to cook from recipes while at the same time unleashing your creative side — understand the principles of cooking techniques, so you don’t have to rely on recipes.
- Develop your own menu plans and carve your niche in the growing demand for healthy living.
- Entry into NFC does not require completion of the NTMC program – no need to have nutrition skills to be a Natural Food Chef.
Fall Term Begins on August 30th, 2021
Registration opens May 3, 2021. Contact email@example.com for details.
You can be trained as a Natural Food Chef for less than $10,000 and finish in 15 weeks! Program meets Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 10 AM - 6 PM. The end date of the Fall 2021 term is December 17, 2021.
Total cost for the 15 week program is $9780.
(Total cost does not include the $75 application fee).
Natural Food Chef students will be expected to purchase professional knives. You will get advice about professional knife selection during the first week of class.
NFC students will be expected to own sturdy, non-slip shoes for protection to wear during cooking classes.
Students are required to take an online food safety certification training course called ServSafe; the cost is $20-$25.
Certification as a Personal Chef is available through national organizations. The cost, paid directly to the United States Personal Chef Association (USPCA) or the American Personal & Private Chef Association (APPCA), is $695-895. This is optional.
Equipment for personal home kitchens will be at the student’s discretion and own expense. This is an optional expense and will be discussed in the Kitchen Organization and Equipment class. Books required for all courses are carefully selected to provide a useful ongoing reference library for Natural Food Chef graduates. NFC students purchase books independently. NTI does not sell books. The cost of books varies considerably depending on where they are purchased. There are online book vendors that offer used books at discount prices. Budget approximately $400-500 for the cost of books for the Natural Food Chef program.
Find Out More
Do you have a passion for healthy cooking? Find out more about our Natural Food Chef program by filling out the form below.
An Admissions counselor will email you soon with more information.