Become a Natural Food Chef
Like to cook? Imagine cooking fabulous meals for your family, friends and clients.
Picture yourself in your kitchen surrounded by nothing but organic vegetables, whole grains, top-quality meats, eggs and a range of the more unusual things like pate, kimchi, kefir and bone broth. If you resonate with the idea of creating delicious meals that are not only healthy but downright regenerative, then join us!
About the Program:
Our Natural Food Chef Program offers students the opportunity to learn how to awaken the vitalizing power of food through professional cooking instruction.
You will experience the secrets of healthy cooking in the context of delicious international cuisine. From the olive oil infused delicacies of the Mediterranean and the pungent spices and ghee of Ayurvedic cuisine, to the exquisite harmony of the perfectly balanced vegan sushi roll, students are immersed in the world’s ethnic traditions.
Mastery of foundational chef skills like cutting, chopping, braising, basting, sauces, and soups is prioritized.
This training prepares you to cook in any situation, including at home for your family or in a busy trendy restaurant —any cooking situation that puts a premium on health.
Your Training Prepares You To:
- Design individualized menus and recipes tailored to maximize wellness
- Develop a business as a personal chef using quality whole food ingredients
- Cater healthy meals for events, retreats, and community organizations
- Teach cooking classes to friends and neighbors and develop a following of home cooks who want new ideas
- Produce healthy specialty foods for restaurants and stores
- Teach clients about the connection between health, recipes, and the joy of eating delicious food
- The NFC program is 15 weeks long.
- Classes are Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 10am to 6pm each day
- We run two program sessions per year, one beginning in August and one beginning in January.
- Classes meet 24 hours per week with an additional 80 hours of independent study and 16 hours of guided study.
- The course schedule accommodates people who work part time or have flexible work schedules.
- Learn to cook from recipes while at the same time unleashing your creative side — understand the principles of cooking techniques, so you don’t have to rely on recipes.
- Develop your own menu plans and carve your niche in the growing demand for healthy living.
- Entry into NFC does not require completion of the NTMC program – no need to have nutrition skills to be a Natural Food Chef.
Spring 2021 Term Begins in January
Registration is open. Contact email@example.com for details
You can be trained as a Natural Food Chef for less than $10,000 and finish in 15 weeks!
Total cost for the 15 week program is $9780.
(Total cost does not include the $75 application fee).
Natural Food Chef students will be expected to purchase professional knives. You will get advice about professional knife selection during the first week of class.
NFC students will be expected to own sturdy, non-slip shoes for protection to wear during cooking classes.
Students are required to take an online food safety certification training course called ServSafe; the cost is $20-$25.
Certification as a Personal Chef is available through national organizations. The cost, paid directly to the United States Personal Chef Association (USPCA) or the American Personal & Private Chef Association (APPCA), is $695-895. This is optional.
Equipment for personal home kitchens will be at the student’s discretion and own expense. This is an optional expense and will be discussed in the Kitchen Organization and Equipment class. Books required for all courses are carefully selected to provide a useful ongoing reference library for Natural Food Chef graduates. NFC students purchase books independently. NTI does not sell books. The cost of books varies considerably depending on where they are purchased. There are online book vendors that offer used books at discount prices. Budget approximately $400-500 for the cost of books for the Natural Food Chef program.