Share this Post
Hello All NTI Students,
Nutrition Therapy Institute has listened to student feedback and is excited to launch the updated format for all of our Group Start Online courses! Many of our students express the desire to take courses in the classroom, but are not able to due to geographic location, work schedules, and other life factors. For those students unable to physically attend classes in Denver, CO, we have redesigned our Group Start Online option to more closely mimic the classroom experience.
Group Start Online is a great option for students who desire an interactive learning experience with a set schedule and at the same time as other students. The biggest change to the Group Start Online experience is the addition of live weekly webinars where students will have the opportunity to ask pertinent questions, meet their classmates, and have real-time discussions about the coursework. If this type of online format sounds appealing, we recommend enrolling this Fall as a Group Start Online student.
NTI will continue to offer our Independent Start Online format that gives students the flexibility to begin courses in between our regularly scheduled terms throughout the year. We will also continue to hold our classroom format for those who thrive in a classroom setting.
Group Start Online course format details
Starting this Fall 2020, all the Group Start Online courses will feature weekly, 1-hour live webinars led by the course instructor. The webinars will introduce the main concepts for that week’s topic and allow time for Q&A from the students. Group Start Online courses will provide an opportunity for students to interact, learn from the instructor’s clinical experience and ask pertinent questions.
Key features of the updated Group Start Online format:
- Weekly webinar attendance is required (7 out of the 10 webinars must be attended to pass the course)
- The weekly webinars will not be recorded
- Applicable to the following courses: A&P, BFN, NBB, NTIP, D&D, LCHA, WMSN, NERH, PCA, IHSL (BRCS is taken as a Group Start course, however due to other types of requirements and length of the course, does not follow the standard format; Research and Communications and Independent Study are only available in the Independent Start Online format)
- The webinar schedule will be available on the Academic Calendar page of the website once registration opens (this allows each student to determine if they are available to attend the required number of weekly webinars; note that the webinar schedule is posted in Mountain Time)
- See Course Format Comparison chart below for more details
Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions! Our Office and Advising teams are happy to chat. Call us at the Office, or schedule an Advising Appointment to discuss your upcoming course timeline and course format options.
Learn About Becoming A Nutrition Therapist Master
Share this Post