Share this Post
In this episode of the NTI PodTalk, Dianne interviews Dr. Stephen Hussey MS, DC.
About Dr. Stephen Hussey
Dr. Stephen Hussey MS, DC is a Chiropractor and Functional Medicine practitioner. He attained both his Doctorate of Chiropractic and Masters in Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine from the University of Western States in Portland, OR. He is a health coach, speaker, and the author of two books on health; The Health Evolution: Why Understanding Evolution is the Key to Vibrant Health and Understanding The Heart: Surprising Insights Into The Evolutionary Origins Of Heart Disease – And Why It Matters. Dr. Hussey guides clients from around the world back to health by using the latest research and health attaining strategies. In his down time, he likes to be outdoors, play sports, read, write, and travel. You can visit Stephen’s website to learn more about what he does and to purchase his books.
In this episode Stephen and Dianne discuss:
- 01:10 – Dianne meets Dr. Hussey at the Weston A Price conference and is so impressed with his talk that she buys his book, Understanding the Heart
- 02:28 – Dr. Hussey talks a bit about his background and explains how he was able to write a book about the heart when he is not a cardiologist
- 03:34 – Even with his medical education as a chiropractor and his masters in nutrition and functional medicine, he still didn’t have all the answers he was seeking for his own health issues
- 07:30 – Dr. Hussey explains why it is so important to have a “health philosophy” and not just information on health
- 10:21 – Dr. Hussey explains why the idea that cholesterol causes heart disease is flawed and a myth
- 15:50 – The approach to heart disease is the use of statins to lower cholesterol, and it is not working! Heart disease rates continue to rise
- 17: 15 – The three imbalances that create an environment in the body that causes a high risk for heart attack (and most chronic diseases)
- 22:50 – Three myths surrounding heart disease
- 24:25 – Two foods that Dr. Hussey always avoids
- 25:50 – Two foods that Dr. Hussey relies on for optimal health
- 26:35 – The importance of bioavailability
- 27:33 – Two things that Dr. Hussey wants you to know
- 29:40 – How you can find and contact Dr. Hussey
NTI’s PodTalk is available on all major podcast platforms! Find us by searching “NTI PodTalk” in your favorite podcast platform or by following any of the links below.
More episodes featuring health professionals:
Are you ready to help others make a positive change in their health?
The best way to do that is to gain an in-depth understanding of bioindividuality in the context of holistic nutrition. You can get this deep understanding through the high-quality nutrition education that Nutrition Therapy Institute offers so that you can be among the best holistic nutrition practitioners in the field and make a real difference in people’s lives.
Share this Post